The California Small Business and Nonprofit COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Relief Grant Program (CA SPSL) awards eligible California small businesses and nonprofits grants, ranging between $5,000 – $50,000, to reimburse for COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave provided to workers between January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and can be applied for at www.caspsl.com. In addition, these grants are not subject to federal or state income tax.
Small businesses and nonprofits are eligible for this grant if they meet the following conditions:
- Began operating before June 1, 2021
- Currently active and open
- Had 26 – 49 employees between January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022
Applicants with multiple business entities, franchises, locations, and more are not eligible for multiple grants and are only allowed to apply once.
| Verifiable COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Provided
by Applicant (January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022)
|Eligible Grant Award Amount|
|$5,000 up to $10,000||$5,000|
|$10,000 up to $14,999||$10,000|
|$15,000 up to $19,999||$15,000|
|$20,000 up to $24,999||$20,000|
|$25,000 up to $29,999||$25,000|
|$30,000 up to $34,999||$30,000|
|$35,000 up to $39,999||$35,000|
|$40,000 up to $44,999||$40,000|
|$45,000 up to $49,999||$45,000|
|$50,000 or more||$50,000|
- Official filing with the California Secretary of State
- Proof of revenue – 2020 or 2021 tax return
- Payroll reports for 2021 and 2022, including costs incurred for providing COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave between January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Proof of employee count – 2020 or 2021 W3
- Photo identification
- Valid bank account
How to apply:
- Start a new application at www.caspsl.com.
- The program uses Lendistry’s portal.
- All documents will need to be in PDF format to be uploaded to the application portal.
- Validation of information may be done on the application by telephone.
- Once the application is validated, an email will notify the business or nonprofit if they have been approved or declined for grant funding.
- If approved for funding, a W9 form will need to be completed with documents signed electronically and money deposited into a bank account by ACH.
Contact us today if you have any questions regarding the California Small Business and Nonprofit COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Relief Grant Program.
PLEASE NOTE: Lendistry is the sole entity designated as the Intermediary of California Small Business and Nonprofit COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Relief Grant Program.
About the Author
Stacey Korman, CPA, MST, Principal
Accounting, Client Account Services (CAS), Restaurant, Sports & Entertainment
Stacey Korman is the Accounting Principal at KROST. She is a key member of our advisory team and is a trusted consultant. Stacey has extensive experience in assurance, advisory, and accounting services, with an emphasis on middle-market companies and high-net-worth individuals. She has spent her career managing audits, reviews, and compilation engagements. » Full Bio