Big news today as President Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. This $2 Trillion stimulus bill provides much needed financial support to businesses and individuals impacted by COVID-19. We will be providing a full analysis of the bill in the coming days. That said, we know you have lots of questions now about how to navigate our new reality. With that in mind, we’ve created a COVID-19 Resource Center for you including lots of information for both businesses and individuals impacted by this pandemic.
On the Resource Center homepage, you can find the latest news, quick links to various state and federal websites, and several other tools to help you. We have also created an expert panel that you can reach out to directly for assistance with SBA Loans, Human Resources and Payroll, and Real Estate related concerns. This resource center will be updated daily, so we encourage you to bookmark the page in your browser.
In case you missed it, here is a list of some of our latest updates regarding COVID-19 that you can find on the Resource Center:
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program vs The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- [Update] Paid Family Leave and Sick Leave Amendments as Part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Having Trouble Paying Your Mortgage Due to COVID-19?
- [Update] Tax Deadlines Pushed Back: Federal and California Measures to Help Taxpayers through COVID-19 Pandemic
- As you are likely aware, the city of Los Angeles is under a new “Safer at Home” ordinance as of last week. At this time, we are operating remotely with only a few essential staff in our offices. We are doing our part to socially distance, and as such, may reach out to you to adjust any previously scheduled meetings to a phone or video conference. As a reminder, should you have files to send us, for the safety of your personal data, we ask that you send us documentation through our secure sharefile portal that can be found on KROSTCPAs.com.For those of you impacted by this crisis, our thoughts are with you.Visit the COVID-19 Resource Center
About the Author
Gregory A. Kniss, CPA, Chairman of the Board
Tax, Tax Specialty Services, Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology Industry
Gregory Kniss, CPA, is Chairman of the Board for KROST & KBKG. Greg has been actively involved with the firm’s business consulting and tax practice for nearly 40 years. Early in his career, Greg expanded and later became the Principal in charge of the firm’s restaurant industry practice. Over the years, it became the firm’s largest industry niche. » Full Bio
Should i need to be U.S citizen or green card holder to apply for the loan . Is 1099 considered under pay roll ? . We need some guidance.
I’ve sent your comment on to our experts. They will email you directly.
Can the ppp loan be used to make work truck loan payments. Can this payments be forgiven?