We are happy to announce the release of our newest quarterly magazine! The Manufacturing Issue highlights some of the hot topics in manufacturing, including accounting for PPP, transfer pricing, Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII), R&D tax credits, and more.
What You’ll Find Inside This Issue:
- Accounting for PPP Loans and Forgiveness by Keith Hamasaki, CPA
- Manufacturers with International Operations Should Expect a Tax Bill – Pandemic or Not by Guest Contributor, Alex Martin
- Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII) Can Increase Cash Flow for Manufacturing Companies and Distributors with Global Operations by Evelyn Fernandez, CPA, MST
- Innovation, Positivity, and Evolution: How Three Businesses are Navigating the Pandemic with Serrano Industries, Inc., Drop Labs & LumaForge
- Employee Retention Credit Provides Benefits for Manufacturing Employers by Jim Estrella, CPA, MSA
- Manufacturing Companies Beware: CCPA May Impact Your Business by Keith Hamasaki, CPA
- Relief Comes in the Form of R&D Tax Credits for Manufacturing Companies by Guest Contributor, Michael Maroney
Introducing KROST’s Manufacturing Team:
Gregory Kniss, CPA, is the Managing Principal of KROST. Greg has been actively involved with the firm’s business consulting and tax practice for over 37 years. He is the Managing Principal of KROST and its sister company KBKG with 14 Principals and approximately 150 total team members in (8) eight offices around the country (Pasadena, CA, Woodland Hills, CA, Valencia, CA, West Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta).
Keith Hamasaki, CPA, is an Assurance & Advisory Director at KROST. With over a decade of consulting experience, Keith specializes in audit and business advisory services to emerging and middle market companies in areas such as process improvement, internal controls, technical GAAP accounting implementation, and procedural review assessments. Keith leads the firm’s Manufacturing and Distribution Industry Group and oversees the day-to-day operations of the firm’s Assurance & Advisory practice.
Evelyn Fernandez, CPA, MST, is a Principal at KROST. She has been in the public accounting profession for over 15 years. Her areas of expertise include tax planning and compliance for high net worth individuals, international entities and individuals, multi-state taxation, partnerships, S corporations, trusts, nonprofit organizations and entertainment businesses.
Phil Clark is the practice leader of KROST Wealth. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. As a CFP® professional, Phil is held to the utmost standards of ethics and professional responsibility required by the designation.
Diana Vinder, CPA, MAcc, MST, is a Tax Manager at KROST. She has been in the public accounting profession for over 15 years. She specializes in providing tax planning, compliance, and consulting services primarily for small to medium-sized corporate taxpayers, including multi-state closely held companies, high net worth individuals, and owner-managed businesses in a variety of industries, including real estate, investment, manufacturing, and distribution.
Karen Dembrowski, CPA, is a Tax Manager at KROST. She has almost 40 years of experience in the public accounting profession. She is knowledgeable in all areas of taxation, including individual, corporate, partnership, trust, and estate taxation. Her areas of expertise include tax planning for high net worth individuals and federal and multi-state closely-held businesses in a variety of different industries.