CONNECT WITH DOUGLAS
Douglas A. Venturelli, Esq.
PRINCIPAL - ESTATE TAX & TRUST
Douglas A. Venturelli, Esq., is a Principal at KROST. He has over 35 years of experience in Tax, Estate and Business Services. His main focus is consulting with entertainment, legal, real estate and medical industry clients as well as managing many fiduciary and estate tax issues.
Doug brings first-hand knowledge to his tax and consulting practice after working in the film industry for numerous years after graduating from Law School.
• KROST, Principal
• Venturelli, Cary & Company, President and Shareholder (November 2004 – August 2015)
• Cary, Troncale & Venturelli, Principal - December 1998 (November 2004)
• McPherson, Troncale, Cary & Company, CPA’s, Principal (November 1995 – December 1998)
• Douglas A Venturelli, A Professional Corporation (December 1985 to November 1995)
• Lloyds Bank Trust Tax Department, Estate Planning and Consultant (1980 to 19852)
• Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, U.C.L.A. 1971; JD Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 1974
• Member of California State Bar Association (1974 – Present)
• Member of Los Angeles County Bar Association (1975 – Present)
• Admitted to US Tax Court (May 30, 1990 – Present)
Doug's Thought Leadership
With the advent of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, the estate, gift, and generation skipping tax exemptions increased dramatically, but these changes were only temporary. With the Biden administration now in place and at least some Democratic control of the senate, there is added uncertainty that should be evaluated soon. It is … Read More
This is a preview of one of the articles in the new KROST Quarterly Sports & Entertainment Issue, titled “Loan-Out Corporations: To Be or Not To Be” by Douglas Venturelli, Esq. with guest author Jonathan Louie, CPA. With the passing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017, many actors, writers, directors, and … Read More
We are happy to announce the release of our newest quarterly magazine! The Sports & Entertainment Issue highlights some of the hot topics pertaining to sports & entertainment professionals such as tax issues for athletes, Loan-Out Corporations, Qualified Business Income Deduction, and more. What You’ll Find Inside this Issue: Game-Changing Tax Matters for Athletes By … Read More