CONNECT WITH EVELYN
Evelyn Fernandez, CPA, MST
PRINCIPAL — TAX
Evelyn Fernandez is a Tax Principal at KROST. She has been in the public accounting profession for over 15 years. Her areas of expertise include tax planning and compliance for high-net-worth individuals, international entities and individuals, multi-state taxation, partnerships, S corporations, trusts, nonprofit organizations, and entertainment businesses.
Evelyn has extensive experience in working with clients and their attorneys in participating in the Federal offshore voluntary disclosure initiative programs (OVDI). Her experience includes Foreign Bank and Financial Account reporting, foreign trusts, controlled foreign corporations, and passive foreign investment companies.
Prior to joining KROST, she was working for a mid-size firm in Miami, Florida.
- KROST, Principal
- KROST, Tax Director
- KROST, Senior Tax Manager
- Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLP, Tax Manager
- Deloitte Tax LLC, Tax Staff
- Masters in Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy & Finance, California State University, Northridge
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member of Toastmasters International
Evelyn is a passionate long-distance runner participating in multiple marathon events on a yearly basis. She also does CrossFit and participates in various obstacle and mud races like Muddy Buddy, Tarzan’s Cup, and Merrell Obstacle Run.
- AICPA & CIMA U.S. International Tax: Advanced Issues
- AICPA & CIMA U.S. International Tax: Inbound and Outbound Transactions
- AICPA & CIMA U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts
Evelyn's Thought Leadership
Starting January 1, 2024, business owners will face additional reporting requirements enforced by the Financial Crimes Enforcement
The US tax system requires all its citizens and permanent residents to file tax returns based on
Foreign nationals in the US: Do you have a federal income tax filing obligation? Now that you
Los Angeles-based CPA Firm, KROST CPAs and Consultants, welcomes Evelyn Fernandez, CPA, MST, as a new Principal.
Foreign-owned domestic disregarded entities have not had filing requirements in the past unless an election was made
US citizens living abroad and foreign nationals residing in the US are renouncing their citizenship in a
Navigating the ins and outs of US taxes as a US shareholder of a controlled foreign corporation
Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII) Can Increase Cash Flow for Manufacturing Companies and Distributors with Global Operations
This is a preview of one of the articles in the new KROST Quarterly Manufacturing Issue, titled
More and more US citizens are moving abroad for various reasons. The move could be work-related, family-related,
We are happy to announce the release of our newest quarterly magazine! The Manufacturing Issue highlights some