CONNECT WITH GREGORY
Gregory A. Kniss, CPA
Gregory Kniss is the Chairperson for KROST and KBKG. Greg has been actively involved with the firm's business consulting and tax practice for over 40 years.
Early in his career, Greg expanded and later became the Principal in charge of the firm’s restaurant industry practice. Over the years, it became the firm’s largest industry niche. Today, the restaurant group does outsourced accounting, financial, tax, and operational consulting for restaurant companies in several states. In 2001, Greg introduced the tax concept of Cost Segregation to the Principal group and established a separate tax consulting practice. Today, KBKG is a national tax consulting practice providing specialty tax services, including Cost Segregation, Research and Development Tax Credits, Green Building Tax Incentives, Employment Tax Credit Consulting, Repairs vs Capitalization Consulting, IC-DISC Consulting, and Transfer Pricing to clients around the country.
Currently, Greg is the Chairperson of the Board for KROST and its sister company KBKG with (7) seven offices around the country (Pasadena, Woodland Hills, West Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta).
He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from California Lutheran University in 1983 while interning with the firm.
- KROST & KBKG, Chairperson (2022 — Present)
- KROST & KBKG, Managing Principal (2009 — 2021)
- KBKG, Principal (2001)
- KROST, Principal (1989)
- KROST, Manager (1987 — 1989)
- KKB, Staff (1982 — 1987)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) (1987 — Present)
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA) (1987 — Present)
- Member of California Restaurant Association (1983 — Present)
- Member of National Restaurant Association (1990 — Present)
- PrimeGlobal Board of Directors, World Board — Previous Member
- PrimeGlobal Board of Directors, North American Region — Previous Member
- California Restaurant Association Board of Directors, LA Chapter — Member
Greg's Thought Leadership
We are happy to announce the release of our newest industry magazine! The Sports & Entertainment Issue
We are happy to announce the release of our newest industry magazine! The Financial Services Issue highlights
We are happy to announce the release of our newest quarterly magazine! The Hospitality Issue highlights some
As featured in INSIDE Public Accounting After two full years of pandemic-related upheavals and historic turnover, firm
Press Release – KROST Announces Greg Kniss as Chairman of the Board, Jason Melillo as CEO and Keith Hamasaki as Principal of Assurance and Advisory
LOS ANGELES, CA [Feb 4, 2022] — Los Angeles-based CPA Firm, KROST CPAs and Consultants announced that
Pasadena, CA– INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) named KROST CPAs & Consultants Top 100 Firm, Top 100 Fastest-Growing