Richard Umanoff, CPA, MBA
PRINCIPAL - TAX
Richard Umanoff, CPA, MBA, is a Principal of KROST. His emphasis is individual, estate and trust tax compliance and planning and estate administration. Richard also serves as trustee for numerous clients.
Richard earned his Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration from the State University of New York at Buffalo. His graduate courses included successful completion of The Professional Accounting Option.
Prior to joining KROST in 2019, Richard was the managing partner of Gaynor & Umanoff, LLP in their Beverly Hills and West Los Angeles offices. Richard’s career spans 40 years with a concentration in taxation.
Richard lives in Redondo Beach with his wife Susan.
• KROST, Principal (January 2019 – Present)
• Gaynor & Umanoff, LLP, Managing Partner (1979-2018)
• Bachelor of Science, SUNY at Buffalo, 1997
• Master of Business Administration, Professional Accounting, SUNY at Buffalo, 1997
• Member of American Institute of CPAs (1983-Present)
• Member of California Society of CPAs (1983-Present)
• Member of LA Estate Planning Committee (2012-Present)
• Conference Planning Committee, UCLA Annual Tax Controversy Conference
• Coach, AYSO Region 17 (1995-2000)
• Coach, Redondo Beach Little League (1995-1997)
• Pack Leader, Boys Scouts of America (2004-2009)