Richard Umanoff, CPA, MBA
PRINCIPAL - TAX
Richard Umanoff, CPA, MBA, is a Principal at KROST CPAs. Richard's career spans over 40 years, with a concentration in taxation. His primary emphasis is estate and trust tax compliance, planning, estate administration, and probate court accounting. Richard currently serves in the role of trustee for numerous clients.
Richard earned his Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration from the State University of New York at Buffalo. His graduate courses included the successful completion of The Professional Accounting Option.
Prior to joining KROST in 2019, Richard was managing partner of Gaynor & Umanoff, LLP in their Beverly Hills and West Los Angeles offices.
Richard lives in Redondo Beach with his wife, Susan.
• KROST, Principal (January 2019 – Present)
• Gaynor & Umanoff, LLP, Managing Partner (1979-2018)
• Bachelor of Science, SUNY at Buffalo, 1997
• Master of Business Administration, Professional Accounting, SUNY at Buffalo, 1997
• Member of American Institute of CPAs (1983-Present)
• Member of California Society of CPAs (1983-Present)
• Member of LA Estate Planning Committee (2012-Present)
• Conference Planning Committee, UCLA Annual Tax Controversy Conference
• Coach, AYSO Region 17 (1995-2000)
• Coach, Redondo Beach Little League (1995-1997)
• Pack Leader, Boys Scouts of America (2004-2009)