Estate and Gift, Trust, and Probate
Our estate planning team assists with the transition of family wealth and estate succession. Our team of experts has over 80 years of combined experience working with family-owned and privately held companies, as well as high-net-worth individuals. Our primary goal is to assist individuals and their attorneys to effectively transfer wealth while minimizing unnecessary estate, gift, and generation-skipping taxes. In addition, we can coordinate all of your Trust, probate, and estate planning needs to ensure a smooth transition while minimizing emotional, tax, and administrative burdens.
- Estate Planning, including any potential tax law changes
- Gift Planning
- Inheritance or death tax ramifications
- Development of family transition strategic plan, which includes a "panic book" with passwords, key contacts, etc.
- Tax compliance
- Postmortem Planning
- Estate administration (assist family upon death)
- Preparation of Estate and Fiduciary Tax Returns
- Probate or Court Accounting Preparation
Get Free Download of KROST Will & Trust Asset Legacy Planner
- When was your existing Trust or Will drafted? If more than 3-5 years ago, then a review is prudent.
- Are all of your assets correctly titled if you have a Trust?
- Should I create a Trust? If yes, what type?
- Do I need to establish any other type of Trust such as IDGT, CRUTs, CLATs, GRATs, or GST?
- Should I have a plan of gifting to family or charities?
- What is the difference between the joint tenancy, tenants in common, community property with rights of survivorship, and a revocable living Trust?
- Have you updated your beneficiary designations for retirement, annuities, and insurance?
- Do you need assistance with digital asset procurement (passwords, domains, social profiles, etc.)?
- Do you have any foreign beneficiaries or foreign assets?
Who Do We Help?
- High net worth individuals
- Children, grandchildren, and other family dealing with the death of the loved one
- Individuals with assets that need estate and tax planning OR a review of an existing plan